A few of the business items covered at the April 2017 meeting of the Marion County Commission:
- A statement was read by County Mayor David Jackson regarding the resignation of District 1 commissioner Wayne Willis, who resigned his seat due to health reasons.
- The commission plans to implement a 10% penalty to cover expenses from delinquent tax sale.
- Commission planning a workshop to discuss a property tax freeze for elderly residents at the end of April.
- Marion County received a $10,000 grant from the Health Department that will be used for constructing a walking track at the Chattanooga State campus in Kimball.
- Commission vote approves renting the former Marion County District Attorney’s office in the county Justice Center to the 12th Judicial District Drug Task Force for $400 per month following the DA moving offices elsewhere.
- Bids for the second Chattanooga State building in Kimball will be opened on Tuesday, April 18th at the Marion County Commission Building.
For more from each month’s county meeting, be sure to watch for local meetings Saturday mornings on KWN-TV at Charter channel 195 in Marion County, Northwest Georgia, and Northeast Alabama.