All user comments on articles, news items, etc., are disabled on the website at www.MarionCountyMessenger.com; however, are open for comment and discussion on our story links on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
User comments do not reflect the opinions or beliefs of MarionCountyMessenger.com, its editors or contributors.
MarionCountyMessenger.com reserves the right to use, display and/or remove comments at its discretion from said social media site pages, and may take further action if deemed necessary. Comments are also subject to the specific social media site’s Terms of Service which you agreed upon when signing up for an account on said site. We are not responsible for your content that is removed or any account suspensions from your actions in violation of third party social media site Terms of Service or User Agreements.
Our policies for content removal/blocking on these sites are as follows:
A comment may be removed if it consists of, or contains, any of the following:
- Personal threats, attacks or abusive language.
- Vulgar, profane or obscene language.
- Racist, sexist or homophobic epithets.
- Off-topic content not related to the post it was submitted under.
- Thread spam.
- Advertisements, excessive hyperlinks or press releases.
- Shouting, or typing in all caps.
- Tagging of individuals/others.
- Advertisement of products or services without authorization from page/site admins (general spam).
MarionCountyMessenger.com reserves the rights to post an Article that is closed for discussion (no comments allowed) on the direct website or social media at any time due to a certain or sensitive nature of the topic.
MarionCountyMessenger.com reserves the right to ban users from its comment forums or social media pages/sites.
This policy is subject to change. Any change in the comment policy or comment system will be updated immediately on this page.
FAQWhy does MarionCountyMessenger.com have a comment policy for its’ site and social media properties?
- Our goal is to promote good, robust conversation around published stories and the issues raised therein. The comment policy is a framework to ensure that end.
- MarionCountyMessenger.com’s Editorial Staff, Publisher, and Staff Writers reserve the right to moderate comments based on the criteria listed above.
- It may violate our comment policy. Vulgar language, personal attacks, off-topic and spam are the most frequent offenses. It might also violate a third party (i.e. – Facebook, Twitter, etc.) website’s Terms of Service or User Agreement. Your comment may have been reported for violation on social media by another user of the third party site. We do not have any control over these third party site’s content removal…sorry.
- No. Comments are moderated based solely on their adherence to the comment policy. We welcome and encourage differing opinions, voices and ideas from both our readers and our staff and contributing writers.
- Stay on topic. Avoid vulgar language. Be respectful of other individuals. Do not post advertisements for items for sale or general spam on the site or associated social media sites.
- Sorry, the comment policy is non-negotiable or open for debate. We have posted this policy online as a means or guide to assure that your comments, thoughts, ideas, and opinions are posted or remain online with no further actions.
Email your question to Editor@MarionCountyMessenger.com. We will respond as soon as possible.